Gov. Snyder is having a tough time persuading the GOP-led Legislature to swallow an increase in the state gasoline tax from 19 cents to 33 cents a gallon and a hike in car license plate fees by 60 percent.
The leader of the state Senate has tabled a proposal to raise vehicle registration fees as a way to raise money to fix the roads.
Under a six-measure package introduced by Republicans on Wednesday, the gasoline tax would nearly double and registration fees for cars and pickup trucks would rise 80 percent.
Critics of Gov. Snyder’s call for more money to fix Michigan’s ailing roads and bridges are pointing to the state’s highway weight limit as the problem.
Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel says keeping Macomb County’s Roads clean is now a top priority.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013