A new set of map-based visualizations by John Nelson of the Lansing data visualization company IDV Solutions shows the extent of flooding in the New York City area following Hurricane Sandy in October 2012.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy, officials and environmentalists were concerned about the pollution and damage the stormwater runoff would cause to the states surrounding the Chesapeake Bay. In an effort to avoid such problems in the future, participants in the Michigan Regional Future City Competition were challenged this year to design clean solutions to manage stormwater pollution.
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is obviously in the wrong business. He is becoming more of a television celebrity by the minute and getting much better reviews as a television performer than as governor.
The purchase earlier this year of Grand Rapids-based Iserv by Quincy, Mass.-based 382 Communications has already paid dividends. The Massachusetts company announced Friday that its Iserv data center in Grand Rapids served as its data headquarters when its East Coast operations were affected by Hurricane Sandy.
There is a new breed of truthers on the right. Joining the paranoid ranks of the advocates of a government role in 9-11 and the birthers fascination with President Obama’s birth certificate are conservatives that believe the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is making up jobs numbers to benefit President Obama.
Ann Arbor Big Boy owner Abdoul Karkoukli will donate 10 percent of the sales to help the Hurricane Sandy victims.
A big shipment of food is leaving Detroit Friday and heading east — courtesy of Forgotten Harvest.
Today, Republicans feel a combination of confusion, disbelief, and anger as to how a slim majority of Americans can possibly want four more years of the Obama administration in the White House. To many, it seems inconceivable that people want to take a chance on more of the same.
For the first time in its 125-year history, Consumers Energy is sending natural gas crews to assist with storm restoration work outside of Michigan, with about 25 employees leaving Tuesday to join more than 300 other utility employees and contractors already providing assistance in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
From Florida and Ohio early vote disasters with long lines to power outages in Connecticut, New Jersey and New York there are doubts that some people will have the opportunity to participate in this election.
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013