Police say a 27-year-old Grosse Pointe Park man was critically injured when he was struck by a suspected drunk driver on I-696.
Deputy Fire Chief Gary Wilkinson said a semi truck ran over a car — cutting it in half.
Heavy rain continued overnight and into the morning Thursday, causing several crashes and traffic backups on metro Detroit freeways.
Snow and below-freezing temperatures combined to create icy conditions on the roads which led to several accidents Wednesday morning.
Police were forced to close I-696 in Warren after someone jumped off of the overpass onto the freeway below.
Michigan State Police are investigating a fatal crash along I-696 in Farmington Hills.
Police shut down I-696 at Greenfield for several hours Saturday morning after a semi truck crashed through the median wall.
Afternoon commuters are riding the brakes on I-696 Monday, as a multi-vehicle accident has led to a multi-mile backup.
The morning commute on I-696 in Macomb County was slowed Monday morning as police worked to clear three accidents. The eastbound lanes of the freeway were shutdown at Van Dyke just before 8 a.m.
For the second time this week, police are investigating a fatal accident involving a good Samaritan.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013