A man was killed on Detroit’s east side after being electrocuted while working with what authorities believe was an illegal electrical hookup.
Authorities say two families, one that includes five children and a dog, all safely escaped a fire on Detroit’s west side that might have been caused by an illegal electrical hookup.
Investigators believe squatters might have rigged an illegal gas hookup to the stove.
Firefighters were called twice to battle a blaze that might have been sparked by an illegal electrical hookup.
Crews thought they extinguished the fire, but were called back to the home a couple of hours later when the fire rekindled.