Work on a new jail in downtown Detroit will cease for 60 days while Wayne County officials look into projected costs overruns for the facility.
Potential cost overruns, lack of financing and a state jail, are all reasons why the $200 million project might be scrapped.
State officials reversed themselves Tuesday in deciding to hire a private company to prepare food for Michigan’s 44,000 prisoners, saying they originally misjudged a plan that would actually save the state about $16 million.
A former sheriff’s deputy in Michigan who authorities say stole a prescription pain reliever from a jail while on duty has been sentenced to a year of probation.
A 54-year-old Lansing jail detention officer has been charged with misdemeanor assault and battery in connection with an assault on an inmate.
A sheriff’s deputy who authorities say stole a prescription pain reliever from a Michigan jail while on duty has pleaded guilty in the case.
Should teens convicted of the most brutal crimes be punished just like adults? Or should their youth matter?
Kilpatrick was expected to go directly to jail after listening to a full day of testimony in his federal corruption trial.
A western Michigan man recently released from jail is thrown back behind bars after urinating outside the sheriff’s department.
Authorities say they have charged two mid-Michigan jail officers with embezzling money.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013