According to Tigers TV play-by-play man Mario Impemba , the Detroit Tigers have signed their former closer Jose Valverde to a minor league deal.
The 22-year-old right-hander dominated three levels of the minors last year, earning Detroit’s Minor League Pitcher of the Year Award.
The Tigers may not have a closer issue yet, but they could be working toward one if hard-throwing 22-year-old Bruce Rondon doesn’t find the strike zone.
Tigers manager Jim Leyland is interested in bringing former closer Jose Valverde back as a “safety net” for the closer role if the sides can agree to financial terms, according to the New York Post’s Joel Sherman.
There was no way the Tigers could bring Jose Valverde back, not after what happened last October.
Tigers have announced they have picked up the club options for 2013 on both Octavio Dotel & Jhonny Peralta.
It looks like the World Series will go the distance and seven games for the second straight year.
Jose Valverde hopes to speed his way back into the closer role for the Detroit Tigers during the World Series.
Champ: Jhonny Peralta for playing like the All-Star he was last year.
Leyland said: “I’m hoping Valverde in the very near future will be ready to take it over because it’s pretty important that we have him.”
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013