It’s time to grab some buddies and hit the links, now that five of the Huron-Clinton Metroparks’ golf courses are open for the spring season, starting April 4.
It is time to gather up the children and head out for a weekend of Easter egg hunts, egg tosses and even an Easter bonnet contest. So get ready to have some fun as we celebrate the return of spring and the rebirth of nature.
Middlebelt Hill in Westland and Beverly Hills Village Park in Franklin are a couple of the many great places to take the family for a day of sledding in Detroit. Get ready for some good old fashioned Michigan fun with our favorite sledding hills.
Come to the Kensington Metropark Farm Center to meet the new horse, rabbit and baby piglets.
At least two people have reported possible cougar sightings near Kensington Metropark.
Playdates provide opportunities for kids to make friends and learn socialization skills, while parents connect and enjoy a little grown-up time. It’s common, and often practical, to schedule a playdate at one of the parties’ houses, but off-site playdates can be exciting and educational, especially at these, the best spots for summer playdates in the Detroit area.
Michigan’s military families will be getting a major financial boost when the Michigan chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association holds its major fundraiser for USA Cares at Kensington Metropark on Saturday.
The kids are out of school and the city is at its best — it’s summer in Detroit. Whether your family consists of nature lovers, sports enthusiasts or history buffs, these Detroit area attractions promise the perfect summer day for the whole family. Pack up the kids and hit the road — or the sidewalk — for fun family options everyone will love.
Not the typical beach town, Detroit doesn’t feature many palm trees, surfers or shell-necklace vendors, but you’re never more than six miles from a body of water, 11,000 of which are lakes. The metro Detroit area is no exception. These pleasant public beaches offer more than just sand and water, providing a variety of recreational activities, so keeping the entire family entertained really is a day at the beach.
Huron-Clinton Metroparks are calling for volunteers to help remove an invasive plant species at nine Metroparks this spring.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013