Michigan workers can choose not to financially support unions that bargain on their behalf under a right-to-work law now in effect.
Wayne State University’s president urged lawmakers not to limit the school’s state aid in retaliation for approving an eight-year contract just before the contentious right-to-work law goes into effect.
Just weeks before the state’s new right-to-work law is set to take effect, the Warren Consolidated Board of Education unanimously approved an extended labor contract for its employees.
Michigan public universities and K-12 districts that consider signing unusually long new contracts before the contentious right-to-work law goes into effect March 28 may have to think twice.
Detroit’s Financial Advisory Board has voted for furlough days on about 600 unionized city employees as officials work to avert a possible state financial oversight.
“This would definitely galvanize union leadership,” said Art Schwartz, a retired General Motors labor negotiator. “Like any other group, some people get involved, some people don’t, but I think you’re going to see the unions fight this every way they can.”
A closed-door meeting between Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder and Republican legislative leaders failed to produce a clear direction on whether to introduce right-to-work legislation limiting unions’ ability to collect fees from non-union workers.
Legislative leaders in Lansing are debating whether to introduce divisive right-to-work legislation that would limit unions’ ability to collect fees from non-union workers.
Word is circulating Wednesday morning of some major progress between the city of Detroit and its labor unions. This, in a last-ditch effort to avoid a state-appointed emergency manager.
A recent Harris Poll found that most Americans were critical of unions, while crediting them for improving wages and working conditions.
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013