With Detroit’s Emergency Manager now in place, could city leaders expect to find state management of Belle Isle back on the bargaining table?
Gov. Rick Snyder has withdrawn an offer by the state to lease Belle Isle from Detroit.
The Detroit City Council on Tuesday discussed a controversial plan to have the state take Belle Isle off the city’s hands.
“Offensive” and “insulting” and “stupid” are just three of the words Detroit City Council members used to describe Mayor Bing and Gov. Snyder’s proposed agreement to turn Belle Isle into a state park.
Detroit would maintain ownership under a proposed agreement with the state and Department of Natural Resources leasing the land under contract.
It appears Detroit Mayor Dave Bing and Gov. Rick Snyder have struck a deal to have the state run Belle Isle for the next 30 years.
A movie studio that announced big plans in Allen Park will be relocating in Detroit.
The Chevy Volt is open for business. Chevrolet Wednesday announced that the Volt, which will be GM’s first electric vehicle, will sell for $41,000 and also be available for lease at $350 a month. Buyers […]
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013