Michigan lawmakers have introduced measures they say will make it easier for Michigan residents to adopt.
Supporters say the measure is designed to break the cycle of poverty by helping drug users find treatment. But opponents say it’s all just a punitive attack on low income individuals who rely on state assistance to get by.
Prompted by a high-profile case of an attack on a metro Detroit family, a Michigan lawmaker has introduced a bill aimed at limiting the release of 911 recordings requested under the state’s Freedom of Information Act.
A Michigan law allows doctors to alert state officials if they believe a patient’s vision loss, dementia or other age-related health problems could threaten their driving abilities.
The bills approved unanimously Wednesday would keep the legal limit for drivers’ blood-alcohol content at 0.08 percent. The limit is set to revert back to 0.10 percent in October because of a sunset provision in current state law.
Legislation passed Thursday would empower the Natural Resources Commission to decide which types of wildlife could be hunted.
Under the bill introduced by Rep. Jeff Irwin, possession of an ounce or less of pot would be a civil infraction.
Some low-income Michigan families would have to pass drug tests and make sure their children don’t miss too many days of school in order to qualify for welfare benefits, under legislation being considered by the state Legislature.
Supporters say the legislation protects religious freedom and is needed particularly in the wake of the federal health care law mandating employer-provided birth control in their health plans.
Owners of blighted and neglected property who don’t pay their fines in Michigan would face tougher penalties — including potential jail time — under legislation overwhelmingly approved by the state Senate earlier this week.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013