The state House has taken a step toward allowing recently-endangered gray wolves to be hunted.
Let there be light! The Michigan Senate approved legislation Tuesday that brings the creation of a public lighting authority for Detroit one step closer to reality.
Legislation making its way through Lansing is designed to give Michigan’s struggling horse racing industry a boost.
Supporters of a ballot proposal facing Michigan voters see a simple solution to the problem of tax increases: Make it harder to raise them. But critics argue that approving Proposal 2 could lead to cuts elsewhere and shift increases to fees or other charges.
A rift among Michigan’s Republican lawmakers means Gov. Rick Snyder won’t get the House approval he wants Wednesday to start work on a website for purchasing health insurance that’s required under the federal health care law.
Howze first announced in February that she planned to forgo another term in the House and seek the Detroit mayor’s office in the 2013 election.
A State Senate committee has approved changes to the law that include allowing people to carry concealed weapons in churches, schools and sports arenas
A bill in Lansing would force inmates to pay sales tax on prison purchases for the first time in more than 40 years.
A recent report found that the expansion of charter schools has led to classrooms being more segregated today than they were 30 years ago.
The Republican-led Michigan Legislature narrowly approved a measure Wednesday that would prohibit public schools from automatically deducting union dues from the paychecks of teachers and other employees.
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013