A newspaper investigation finds the state of Michigan spends at least $40 million a year for employees’ travel but there are inconsistencies in reporting and no high-level oversight.
Snyder said he had no regrets about pushing right to work through the legislature, though it drew major protests in Lansing. “It’s a good decision and Michigan’s better off for it,” he said.
Michigan’s cash crunch has resulted in the nation’s largest percentage drop in law enforcement employees over the past decade.
The larger pensions were earned after many years in public service under a formula approved by the Legislature.
Business owners may be pleased about getting a break on the state tax front but some question if the tax break will go far enough.
Carolyn Capone, who has three kids in elementary school in Birmingham, says she feels that the universities have largely been spared by the proposed cuts.
The city of Detroit’s five Democratic Senators are holding a Town Hall Meeting on Monday to discuss how Governor Rick Snyder’s proposed budget would impact the community.
Director Marcell Todd tells the City Council that the proposed cuts means producers of the TV series “Detroit 187″ are less likely to commit to a second season.
Film supporters have been mounting efforts to stave off a curtain call on film tax credits since Gov. Rick Snyder’s announcement last week that he wants to eliminate the uncapped film incentives.
Speaking live on WWJ, Snyder says “We have a broken tax system and we have a broken budget system and it’s time to put the whole thing together the right way.”
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013