Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan is closer to becoming a customer-owned nonprofit after the Republican-led Michigan House approved legislation Thursday.
The state Senate has again approved a proposal to end Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan’s tax-exempt status and transform it from a charitable trust to a customer-owned nonprofit.
This is the first effort to repeal the Right to Work law.
The Republican-led Michigan Senate Judiciary Committee plans to consider three gun-related bills introduced in the first week of the state’s legislative session.
Twenty-eight new lawmakers are joining the Michigan Legislature on the first day of the next two-year session.
Early forecasts suggest that the political climate at the Michigan Capitol will be chilly when lawmakers return to Lansing this month.
It may take days, weeks or even longer to sort out the avalanche of bills enacted in the Michigan Legislature’s lame-duck session, as majority Republicans put their stamp on policies dealing with topics as diverse as property taxes, medical marijuana and cockfighting.
Bills that strengthen penalties for organized animal fighting have been signed into law by Gov. Rick Snyder.
Michigan lawmakers have passed a bill that would ban cellphone use by new drivers.
Democrats in the Michigan Senate first declined, then decided to give majority Republicans enough votes to make changes sought to the voter-approved medical marijuana law.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013