Two Great Lakes restoration research projects by Michigan Technological University researchers are among 12 selected for funding, the University of Michigan Water Center announced today. Fifty-four research teams from universities near the Great Lakes and beyond submitted proposals for nearly $570,000 total funding.
The Michigan Tech Research Institute in Ann Arbor has signed a six-month, $1 million contract with the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to conduct research in adaptive radar countermeasures.
Bryan H. Suits, professor of physics at Tech, has found a more familiar way to explain physics concepts to undergraduates who may have little background in the subject and even less interest. He’s teaching “The Physics Behind Music.”
Students from Michigan Technological University have held a run in support of the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Awards and industry certifications earned by Michgian’s technology-focused companies, institutions, groups and people
Michigan Tech has announced a move to a plateau tuition plan for undergraduates beginning with the fall 2013 semester. The decision to adopt the plateau tuition plan was made by the University’s Financial Data Group after a thorough analysis.
Men and women handle stress differently. Most people probably would agree with that statement, but researchrs at Michigan Technological University are pinpointing the physiological reasons behind what is, indeed, fact.
If everything stopped every time they had a snowstorm in the Upper Peninsula, not much would get done from November to April. So it’s not surprising that 229 employees attended last week’s Michigan Technological University Career Fair at the Student Development Complex, despite a fierce blizzard.
Michigan Tech has been selected to participate in the National Center for Women and Information Technology Pacesetters program, designed to increase women’s participation in the computing disciplines in a measurable way. Twenty universities and 14 companies were chosen.
Monroe County Community College has signed transfer articulation agreements that will help its students make a smooth transition to two universities.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013