Michigan Technological University
Bear hunters will tell you that a good way to attract a bear is to put out bait. And in 10 states, including Michigan and Wisconsin, that’s perfectly legal. Hunting dogs are another useful technique in the bear-hunter’s toolkit, and 17 states say that’s just fine.
Two interdisciplinary teams from Michigan Technological University are competing in the EPA’s annual Sustainable Design Expo — one to improve the world’s air by improving biomass cookstoves, the other to improve treatment of potentially deadly aluminum processing waste.
Matt’s Favorites: Michigan Connection To Lake Erie Study, Rocket Launch From Space, Summer iPhone, And Much More
What else is new, exciting, fun, troubling and a bunch of other adjectives in the wonderful world of high tech? Here’s the latest fun…
Just as open-source design has driven down the cost of software to the point that it is accessible to anyone with an Internet connection, open-source designs and 3D printing are driving down the cost of making scientific equipment.
No pups were apparently born to the wolf population on Isle Royale National Park in Lake Superior in 2012, according to researchers at Michigan Technological University, which has been studying the interaction between the island park’s wolves and moose for 55 years. Since wolves live only about five years in the wild, that means the island’s wolf population may soon be gone.
Michigan Technological University’s invisibility cloak researchers have done it again. They’ve moved the bar on one of the holy grails of physics: making objects invisible.
In an effort to help researchers fast-track their technologies to the marketplace, Michigan is launching a new entrepreneurial training program called Michigan I-Corps. Applications for the program, administered by the University of Michigan, opened last week. Michigan I-Corps is modeled after the National Science Foundation’s I-Corps (Innovation Corps) program. Two teams from Michigan Technological University have participated in the national I-Corps.
Gage Products announced Monday that Clarkson University won the company’s award for best overall fuel economy in the annual SAE Clean Snowmobile Challenge.
A Michigan Technological Univeristy professor’s research on embedding small quantities of copper in food packaging and potting soil is being commericalized into a business.
The latest industry awards and certifications earned by Michigan’s technology-focused companies, institutions, groups and people.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013