The school was notified on Monday of the student’s infection and took precautionary measures, including a deep-cleaning of the building.
School officials say they are following District and Wayne County protocol for this case, and sanitization is under way.
The phone was slammed down, and reporters started to laugh nervously. “How long was that?” one of them asks. “Not even six minutes,” another says. Hear the entire interview HERE.
A Metro Detroit hospital has a powerful new weapon in the war against germs.
A letter from school officials was reportedly sent home to parents notifying them of the student’s bacterial infection.
Should parents be worried?
A case of MRSA has been reported at Northville High School within the athletic program.
The MRSA infection is caused by a strain of staph bacteria that has become resistant to antibiotics used to treat ordinary staph infections.
NanoBio Corp. said it will present data from two separate preclinical studies at the 52nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy meeting this week in San Francisco.
Pedicures are seen as the must have summer beauty treatment by many people, but not checking the cleanliness of your salon may lead to a MRSA bacterial infection.