(Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Taylor Sportsplex Due To Re-Open Following Sickness Scare

Norovirus is suspected to be the cause of an outbreak at Taylor Sportsplex – where dozens of people suffered from symptoms of a stomach illness.

WWJ Newsradio 950–03/13/2012

Virus Microscope

Genesee County Warns Against Norovirus

The county has experienced a significant gastroenteritis outbreak recently, health officials said. It spreads easily through places like schools, hospitals, nursing homes and shopping centers.

CBS Detroit–02/21/2012

Norovirus Confirmed In Mount Pleasant Illnesses

Authorities say a strain of norovirus was responsible for sickening more than 200 students in the Mount Pleasant School District earlier this month.

WWJ Newsradio 950–01/24/2012

Mount Pleasant Schools Close After Illnesses

The Mount Pleasant School District has cancelled classes for the rest of the week after a suspected norovirus sickened about 200 students.

WWJ Newsradio 950–01/12/2012

Reported Norovirus Prompts Washtenaw County Officials To Issue Health Alert

With at least one outbreak of the norovirus confirmed, Washtenaw County Public Health officials are reminding the community of symptoms associated with the gastrointestinal illness and how stop it from spreading.

WWJ Newsradio 950–12/28/2011

Norovirus Suspected Among Benzie County Students

Officials say dozens of elementary school students in Michigan’s northern Lower Peninsula are staying home after being sickened by a suspected norovirus.

WWJ Newsradio 950–11/04/2011


Murdick’s Famous Fudge Issues Recall

Murdick’s Famous Fudge is asking consumers not to eat its wrapped caramels, peanut brittle, cashew brittle or saltwater taffy because it may have been touched by employees sickened by a norovirus.

WWJ Newsradio 950–08/03/2011

37 Students Sickened At U-M Sorority House

Health officials are investigating whether a norovirus may have made 37 women sick at a University of Michigan sorority house.


Shelby Twp. Outbreak Not Food Poisoning

The food poisoning scare at Club Monte Carlo in Shelby Township is now believed to be the result of a norovirus transmission.