It’s an unofficial holiday for many in the metro Detroit area: Fat Tuesday, also known as Paczki Day.
Yesterday morning, I walked into this painted brick bakery with a friendly and inquisitive attitude. I needed to find out why I couldn’t find one article (other than yelp reviews) written about its history or paczki. I quickly found out why.
Fat Tuesday overflows with traditions that began centuries ago in Europe.
This Fat Tuesday, stop by one of the following restaurants and enjoy a paczki, a popular Polish doughnut.
The best paczki are the free ones in the office lunchroom, but if your co-workers aren’t coming through, visit New Deluxe, New Palace, Dutch Girl Donuts and a handful of other Detroit bakeries!
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013