Authorities have identified a man who was shot and killed while apparently panhandling outside of a Pontiac business on Sunday.
A state law banning panhandling in public places violates First Amendment protections for free speech and the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause, a federal judge in Michigan has ruled.
Several Michigan cities have enacted laws on dealing with panhandlers and now, Detroit will be on the list.
Before they take their summer break, Detroit City Council members will take up the issue of begging in the city.
State Rep Shanelle Jackson, D- Detroit, argues that just because someone is impoverished, it doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be allowed to ask for help in the same way charities and others do in cities all over the country.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013