Voters in part of Genesee County picked another Republican to replace a recalled GOP lawmaker in the Michigan House on Tuesday, while a Democrat will take the place of a party colleague in a district representing part of Oakland County.
A Michigan election board is scheduled to certify election results that will formally remove from office a Republican legislator who was recalled in a union-backed campaign.
A second-term Republican – State Representative Paul Scott chairs the House Education Committee.
Recall elections involving state officials are relatively rare. But when they happen, it’s a barometer of voter discontent, and it’s a good idea to pay attention.
A Republican state legislator from Genesee County has lost another appeal in his effort to avoid facing a recall election.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013