Bryan H. Suits, professor of physics at Tech, has found a more familiar way to explain physics concepts to undergraduates who may have little background in the subject and even less interest. He’s teaching “The Physics Behind Music.”
The latest awards and industry certifications earned by Michigan’s technology-focused companies, institutions and groups.
The latest industry awards and certifications earned by Michigan’s technology-focused companies, institutions and groups
Traditional teaching is a little like watching a movie — those in the classroom sit passively in rows. Bahram Roughani, professor and head of the physics department at Kettering Univeristy, wants to make it more like a card game, with everyone sitting in a circle and everyone participating.
Michigan State University decided Friday to proceed with preparations for a nuclear research facility despite questions about how the federal budget squeeze might affect the project’s future.
They shook light from darkness. They coaxed something out of what we normally think of as nothing — the vacuum of space. And now their work has been named one of the top 10 breakthroughs of the year by Physics World, the international magazine announced today.
Michigan Technological University’s Board of control approved two new bachelor’s degree programs, two mew master’s degree programs and a new Ph.D. program at a regular meeting Friday.
Michigan State University is picking up the pace on plans for hosting a $615 million nuclear research facility.
Technology based in nuclear physics rather than in warfare was one of the primary challenges the World War II-era developers of the atomic bomb faced while working with hundreds of tons of uranium ore. That’s the word from Cameron Reed, Charles A. Dana professor of physics at Alma College, in his book released last October, “The Physics of the Manhattan Project.”
Physics will be at play in every shot, check and goal of the attendance record-setting Big Chill at the Big House hockey match between the University of Michigan and Michigan State University on Dec. 11. In a game-day public lecture packed with demonstrations, chair of the Physics Department and recreational hockey player Brad Orr will discuss some of the science behind the world’s fastest sport.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013