About 8,000 DTE Energy Co. customers in Oakland County will receive credits on future bills after losing service this summer due to a substation fire.
Overnight storms left about 37,000 Michigan homes and businesses without power.
West Bloomfield is providing free water and ice as well as cooling centers to its residents who have lost power because of the storms.
Children’s Hospital of Michigan offered tips for families left in the dark.
The city of Detroit saw its share of storm damage, as the latest round of storms hitting metro Detroit leaves thousands without power.
Many utility companies across the nation have a mutual assistance program system set up for massive outages in their state.
The overnight storm was quick — but powerful — and as a result, the morning after — parts of Oakland County are littered with tree limbs, and there are thousands without power.
Crews are working to restore power to Michigan homes and businesses after winds gusting to 55 miles per hour left at least 202,000 without electrical service.
And once they finish getting the lights on for those 500 people left in the dark, local electrical workers plan to turn their attention to storm damage in other parts of the Midwest.
Strong winds, with gusts exceeding 50 mph, caused more than 300 power lines to come down.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013