The U.S. Department of Transportation has given final clearance to developers of a privately managed Detroit streetcar line.
U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray Lahood said it’s “a day of celebration for the city.”
Rail congestion along a Detroit Amtrak route is expected to be alleviated with the addition of a new track to separate the movement of freight and passenger trains.
As a follow-up to the Detroit Department of Transportation public hearings held last week, an informational meeting will be conducted Wednesday to announce the final results of the changes to the city’s bus system.
The Detroit Department of Transportation will begin public hearings Thursday on the proposed service changes taking effect later this month.
Amtrak is temporarily altering schedules for its train routes in southeastern and western Michigan in order to repair parts of the tracks.
The DDOT public hearings on bus system changes, set to take effect in early March, were more about informing bus riders of the changes and recording n their comments, than a discussion on the impact of those cuts.
Troy City Council has defeated a proposal on developing a multi-million dollar public transit center, which had been discussed in the city for more than a decade.
A day after plans were scrapped for a new light rail system that would run along Woodward in Detroit, a prominent local businessman is saying “Not so fast.”
The Detroit Transportation Corporation says the current fiscal year budget will be met, allowing the People Mover to continue full service.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013