Rainy Day Fund
The GOP-led Senate is preparing to approve a budget without extra money in the rainy day fund, which at $505 million is the healthiest it has been in a dozen years.
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder will propose giving public schools, universities and community colleges two percent more overall funding in the next school year.
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder got the extra police troopers and summer jobs programs for inner city youths he wanted in the new budget, but he failed to get lawmakers to tie education money to student performance or invest as much as he wanted in health initiatives.
The budget eliminates 33 jobs and is the result of a 10 year plan to reduce the work force and to make fundamental changes to the organizational structure of the city.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013