High-level talks over fixing Michigan’s deteriorating roads are at a standstill in the Capitol, with Republican and Democratic leaders still unable to agree much on how to even start.
Gov. Snyder is having a tough time persuading the GOP-led Legislature to swallow an increase in the state gasoline tax from 19 cents to 33 cents a gallon and a hike in car license plate fees by 60 percent.
A multi-pronged plan to raise more money for road and bridge repairs by asking Michigan voters to increase the retail sales tax doesn’t appear headed for a vote — at least for now.
The leader of the state Senate has tabled a proposal to raise vehicle registration fees as a way to raise money to fix the roads.
Michigan Republican lawmakers are working to make online retailers collect the same sales taxes as brick-and-mortar businesses.
Under a six-measure package introduced by Republicans on Wednesday, the gasoline tax would nearly double and registration fees for cars and pickup trucks would rise 80 percent.
Lawmakers in Lansing are tossing around the idea of eliminating the gas tax in Michigan in favor of raising the state’s sales tax.
A bill in Lansing would force inmates to pay sales tax on prison purchases for the first time in more than 40 years.
Twenty one percent of consumers say they plan on staying home and searching online for shopping deals on the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Paying taxes on your online purchases may soon become a reality.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013