The Salvation Army red kettle bell ringers are now out at area businesses collecting monetary donations to help the less fortunate.
The Salvation Army put the metal to the kettle Thursday morning in Campus Martius, as the organization kicked off their annual hoilday fundraising drive.
The Salvation Army will be hosting the 30th Annual Coats for Kids campaign at the HYPE center in Dearborn Heights.
Officials now say 207 homes were damaged in last week’s tornado in Dexter and about 20 will need to be demolished.
It’s a last day for the Salvation Army’s Red Kettle Campaign and they’re still about $250,000 away from their $8.2 million goal.
A donation immediately comes off a donor’s 2011 taxes as a charitable deduction from your taxable income, (versus making a donation in early 2012) – that would show as a deduction on 2012 taxes.
The goodies, valued at more than $820, were donated in separate kettles in West Bloomfield and other areas. They’ll be auctioned off later this month by Abbott’s Corp. of Birmingham.
The familiar chime of the bells ringing for The Salvation Army will end at 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve, Dec. 24 – traditionally the final day of the iconic red kettles at storefronts.
It’s crunch time for the Salvation Amy as the charity enters the final days in this year’s effort to help needy Metro Detroiters
Hundreds of Macomb County families are being helped with their Christmas shopping today by the Salvation Army Warren Corps.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013