Registered sex offenders living in Michigan would have to pay an annual fee under a measure that has passed the GOP-led Senate.
A bill to require the more than 40,000 people on Michigan’s sex offender registry to pay an annual fee is igniting a debate over who should bear the costs for operating and maintaining the state’s system used to track offenders.
Authorities arrested 51 sex offenders last month for failing to comply with Michigan’s sex offender registration law.
New child protection legislation is being considered by lawmakers in Lansing.
Law enforcement agencies across Michigan are conducting their ninth annual statewide sex offender sweep.
And if you don’t show up? They’ll come looking for you.
A federal judge has ruled that homeless sex offenders may stay overnight at shelters near schools in Grand Rapids despite a state law prohibiting them from living within 1,000 feet of a school.
Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder has signed three bills making it easier to permanently revoke the licenses of health care professionals who commit criminal sexual conduct, and a fourth measure protecting bowling alleys whose customers fall while wearing bowling shoes outside.
In an effort to improve campus safety and security for students and staff, visitors gaining access to Detroit Public Schools will now get background-checked.
Thousands of people on Michigan’s “Sex Offender” Registry could be paid a visit by state police troopers beginning this week.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013