The Heat And Warmth Fund
As part of the Pure Michigan Social Entrepreneurship Challenge, a competition designed to advance ideas and solutions to address Michigan’s social challenges, Consumers Energy and The Heat and Warmth Fund are sponsoring the “Fostering Energy Affordability” category and will award a $10,000 cash prize for a social venture with market traction and a $5,000 cash prize for the best new business idea.
WWJ 950 will spur donations with a live THAW Radiothon 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. today and 9 a.m. to noon Saturday. Check http://www.CBSDetroit.com throughout that time for constant updates.
During the 10th annual Winter Survival Radiothon to benefit THAW, The Heat and Warmth Fund, we are inviting participants to take a seat in WWJ’s Ice Lounge in the Art Van Furniture parking lot and fund raise for THAW.
Through the month of December, Community Financial Credit Union asked people across the area to help support local nonprofits by participating in its “Warming Hearts & Homes” campaign. Monday, Community Financial announced it met its goal.
Area residents are invited to use cell phone technology and social media to help make a difference this holiday season during Community Financial Credit Union’s “Warming Hearts & Homes” program.
DTE Energy and The Heat And Warmth Fund (THAW) are partnering to present the Week of Warmth celebration in an effort to support the distribution of more than $1 million to help vulnerable Michigan families.
With your help, WWJ has raised over $282,600 in our 9th annual Winter Survival Radiothon for THAW. This will translate to more than $1.2 Million in heating assistance for local families.
Community Financial Credit Union announced the final gifts of its 2011 “Season of Giving” program, presenting donations to the Plymouth Salvation Army and The Heat and Warmth Fund (THAW).
Households across Michigan will benefit from continued or extended home heating support due to a $10,000 donation by Just Energy to The Heat and Warmth Fund, an independent non-profit agency that provides low-income individuals and families in Michigan with emergency energy assistance.
DTE Energy and The Heat and Warmth Fund have partnered to present the Week of Warmth celebration in an effort to provide more than $1 million in energy assistance to vulnerable Michigan families.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013