Cutting waste-to-landfill at Ford’s Van Dyke Transmission Plant has always been important to workers there, but they weren’t satisfied until last fall, when a small, diligent local committee played a major role in solving a nagging 10-ton problem.
Ford Motor Co. said Tuesday that it plans to further reduce the amount of waste it sends to landfills by 10 percent per vehicle by the end of the year.
The University of Michigan continues to make progress in key areas of energy reduction, alternative transportation and waste reduction, according to its newly released 2011 annual sustainability report.
General Motors’ efforts to eliminate the shipment of plant waste to landfills is spreading to its non-manufacturing sites, 10 of which now reuse, recycle or convert to energy all waste from normal operations.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013