“We lost ground because of the heavy rain,” said a DTE spokesperson.
A Flood Advisory will remain in effect for all of Southeast Michigan until 8 p.m.
DTE crews have restored power to the majority of homes and businesses that lost service during a weekend storm, even as new severe weather was bearing down on Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
About 41,000 homes and businesses remain without power Tuesday morning — down from a high of 375,000 outages.
DTE says full restoration probably will take until Tuesday or Wednesday.
Things are going to be hot and humid before the storm hits. Damaging wind gusts up to 60 miles per hour are expected.
Representatives of FEMA continue their work on the ground in Metro Detroit, assessing the damage done from last month’s record rainfall and flooding.
We should see some sunshine; but as for how much, it’s still tough to tell, so it’ll be best to bring your umbrella wherever you go.
But it’s not all bad news, CBS 62 Chief Meteorologist Jim Madaus says…
DTE says about 10,000 of its 165,000 affected customers remain powerless Thursday afternoon, the majority in Wayne County.