Verizon Wireless Monday rolled out the Verizon Wireless Fivespot, the world’s first global-ready mobile WiFi hotspot.
Allowing customers to connect and share their data connection with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices including, netbooks, tablets and gaming devices within the United States and around the globe, the Verizon Wireless Fivespot comes with a pre-installed SIM card and provides global data service in more than 200 countries, more than 120 of those with 3G speeds when subscribing to a GlobalAccess plan.READ MORE: Salvation Army Collecting Supplies For Back To School Drive
The Fivespot features one-click power on and off, a variety of cell phone formats, tiny size (basically four inches by two inches by half an inch thick) and a weight of 2.8 ounces.
The Fivespot will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com on Oct. 7 for $99.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
Customers will need to choose from one of the various price plans to connect to Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network, which also gives them access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots at no additional charge and allows them to move easily from the nation’s most reliable 3G wireless network to those hotspots:READ MORE: Detroit Police Searching For Multiple Carjacking Suspects
* $39.99 monthly access for 250 MB monthly allowance and 10 cents per megabyte overage
* $59.99 monthly access for 5 GB monthly allowance and 5 cents per megabyte overage.
Prepaid Mobile Broadband plans are also available:
* $15 for 100 MB (one day of use)
* $30 for 300 MB (one week of use)
* $50 for 1 GB (30 days of use)
* $80 for 5 GB (30 days of use)
Customers traveling abroad can sign up for one of the following plans:
* $129.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, 5 cents per megabyte overage), 100 MB allowance in select countries, with one half cent per kilobyte after allowance.
* $219.99 monthly access (5 GB allowance for the United States and Canada, 5 cents per megabyte overage), 200 MB allowance in select countries, with one-half cent per kilobyte after allowance.
* GlobalAccess Pay Per Use for occasional use must be purchased with a $59.99 Mobile Broadband service plan in the United States. The Pay Per Use rate is two tenths of a cent per kilobyte in Canada, half a cent per kilobyte in Mexico, and 2 cents per kilobyte in more than 200 other destinations.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call a (800) 2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.MORE NEWS: Redford Man, 21, Charged In Assault Of Detroit Police Officers
(c) 2010, WWJ Newsradio 950. All rights reserved.