A Westland mother whose 11-year-old son died while playing a “choking game” says she hopes other parents will learn from her sixth-grader’s mistake.

Television stations WJBK and WDIV say Brandon Stine of Westland was found dead in his bedroom Sunday while playing a game that causes children to pass out and wake up with a rush.

READ MORE: MDHHS Updates COVID-19 Quarantine Guidance For Michigan Schools

Police say entries on Brandon’s Facebook page indicate the Marshall Upper Elementary School student may have previously played the game commonly known as “Pass Out,” “Tap Out,” “Hangman,” and “Elevator.”

READ MORE: More Than 100 Michigan Schools Close Due To Copycat Threats After Oxford High Shooting

Jenny Stine says her son vowed to never play the game, and she keeps “thinking it’s a bad dream.” She and her husband are laid off.

MORE NEWS: Parents Of Oxford Shooting Suspect Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter, Authroities Searching For Them

Stine urges parents to get involved with their children – even if that means invading their privacy. 
  
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)