Meetings and events are being cancelled across Southeast Michigan due to the big snow in the forecast. If your event or meeting is cancelled and you don’t see it listed below, please send the information firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE FOLLOWING EVENTS /MEETINGS ARE CANCELLED:READ MORE: Unemployment In Michigan: 30,816 New Jobless Claims Filed Last Week
– The Detroit Economic Club meeting scheduled for Wednesday with Parag Khanna is postponed. Tickets will be refunded.
– The Oakland County Board of Commissioners’ meeting for Wednesday has been rescheduled fo February 9 at 7 p.m.
– A lecture by the new House Majority Leader, Congressman Eric Cantor, scheduled for Wednesday, at the University of Michigan, has been canceled due to weather conditions in Michigan.
– The Michigan Senate and House are closed. No meeting Wednesday or Thursday.
– Wayne County Executive Robert A. Ficano and Sheriff Benny Napoleon have cancelled an inaugural prayer breakfast. The breakfast was to be held from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. in the Riverview Ballroom at COBO Hall.
– The Macomb Dental Society has cancelled the meeting that was planned for Wednesday.READ MORE: If Kids Are Able To Get COVID Vaccine, Health Department May Re-Evaluate Michigan’s Re-Opening Plan
– The public scoping meeting scheduled for Thursday, by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has been rescheduled for Tuesday, March 8 for the same time and at the same location: from 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest, located at 1275 S. Huron St.
– Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America has cancelled their Wednesday ECS meeting and presentation by Dr. Orendorff
– The DRYA Seminar on “Chartering” scheduled for this Wednesday at the Detroit Yacht Club has been POSTPONED to a later date.
– The Northville High School basketball games, by mutual agreement with South Lyon coaches, have an earlier start time to ensure that all games end by 8 p.m.
– The Northville High School swim meet with Livonia has been canceled. The Thornton Creek Math/Science Night has been canceled.
For Business and Court Closings, CLICK HERE.
A possible 12-18 inches of snow is expected to fall on Southeast Michigan by end of the day, Wednesday. A Blizzard Warning is in effect from 7 p.m. Tuesday through 7 p.m. Wednesday. Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest during Traffic and Weather on the 8s, 24-hours a day.MORE NEWS: Gov. Whitmer Won’t Discuss Trip After Reported Use Of Private Jet