DETROIT (WWJ/AP) – A “Detroit 1-8-7” executive producer says he and colleagues are now set to meet with ABC executives later this week to make the case for renewing the drama for a second season.
Amid questions about the future of the show thats first season was set and filmed in Detroit, David Zabel said the meeting is planned for Thursday in Burbank, California. Zabel said producers will discuss ideas for a new season, and network officials will use that information in deciding whether to renew it.READ MORE: The Detroit Zoo To Host Its Final Weekend Of Family-Friendly Halloween Event 'Zoo Boo' Oct. 22-24
Last year the show spent $47.3 million in Michigan, with $19.6 million returned through tax credits. With Governor Rich Snyder’s cuts to the state’s film tax incentives, there has been concern that the show might no longer be shot in Detroit.READ MORE: Tillson Street's Halloween Displays Draws Thousands
Tuesday, a representative for AFTRA, the union which represents local actors who appeared in the series, posted on Facebook that Detroit 1-8-7 would be leaving Michigan.
Meantime, with ABC scheduled to release its new TV lineup next month, it still has not been announced whether the show will be renewed for a second season.MORE NEWS: Kalamazoo Tests For Lead Exposure Following High-Lead Level Reports In Other Michigan Cities
The Associated Press contributed to this report.