NEW BALTIMORE (WWJ) – New Baltimore residents were literally shaken on Wednesday when explosions erupted from their neighbor’s home.

Fire officials said there was a fire at the home, which caused oxygen tanks in the house to explode.

WWJ Newsradio 950 spoke with George Pliska who lives next door to the home in the 51000 block of Bedford near 23 Mile Road. He was walking his dog when he noticed a lot of smoke coming from his neighbor’s house, and his neighbor trying to get out.

“I got him out of the house and that and I had him sitting in the back by his garage for a little while and then I went to check to see if his wife was OK,” said Pliska.

“She had gotten out OK, so I ran back to my garage and got a garden house trying to put the fire out,” he said. “The trailer in the back was burning and a tree was burning beside the back of the house.”

At that time, Pliska said he narrowly avoided injury in a second explosion.

“I think that I had got hit or something at first because it just kinda stunned me. That’s how loud it was,” Pliska said.

No one was injured. There was no immediate no word as to what may have caused the fire.

  1. acurfrah says:

    look at monster beats by dre to get new coupon

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s