SOUTHFIELD — The following companies are posting jobs this week at the CBS Detroit’s Job Desk HiredMYway.com Web site.
Companies and Jobs:
* Platinum Professional Services, five jobs
* Old American Insurance Company, 24 jobs — looking for insurance agents throughout the state of Michigan
* Career Focus Consulting, six jobs
* Urban Science, 16 jobs — four jobs are specifically for entry-level/recent college grads
Apply for jobs or refer your friends and earn money. Here are this week’s big bonus jobs:
* Manufacturing Engineering Manager at Hella, $2,000 bonus
* Software Engineer at ePrize, $3,000
* Supply Quality Engineer at Mercedes-Benz Tech, $2,000
* Search Engine Marketing Engineer at Rate Alert, Inc., $2,000
Tips: Beginning a Job Search for Soon-to-be College Grads
* Decide what you want — identify entry-level jobs in your field that you would be interested in and qualified for.
* Refine your resume. Recent grads should put Education before Experience.
* Attend as many job fairs as you can, and make sure to prepare your elevator pitch beforehand.
* Practice interviewing with friends, family, or your school’s career services.
* Network – start letting people know you’re about to graduate and looking for a job.
* Clean up your social media profiles and start using them to share your knowledge and interest in your field.