FARMINGTON (WWJ) – There are new developments in the Farmington Hills murder case involving a 19-year-old man charged with killing his father and critically injuring his mother and young brother with a baseball bat.

WWJ’s Mike Campbell was inside the courtroom at 47th District Court in Farmington, where 19-year-old Tucker Cipriano and 20-year-old Mitchell Young appeared alongside their attorneys via satellite from the Oakland County Jail, during a brief preliminary examination conference Friday morning.

READ MORE: CDC: New Listeria Outbreak Tied To 23 Illnesses, 1 Death

Cipriano was asked first if he would like to give up his right to a speedy trial within 14 days, to which he replied “yes.” That was quickly followed by the same procedure for Young, who also waived his right to a speedy trial. The judge then set May 23 as the pre-trial conference date.

The two were arraigned Wednesday where both plead not guilty and  Young sobbed hysterically.

Both men are charged with one count of first-degree premeditated murder and one count of first-degree felony murder in the death of Robert Cipriano, killed Monday night at his family home.

In addition, each has been charged with two counts of assault with intent to murder for the beatings of Cipriano’s mother, Rosemary, and his 17-year-old brother, Salvatore Cipriano. They’ve also been charged with armed robbery.

READ MORE: Red Wings Hire Lightning Assistant Derek Lalonde As Coach

Another teen brother and an 8-year-old sister hid in a closet during the attack and called 911. They were able to escape without injury.

Tucker Cipriano, left. Mitchell Young, right.

Young was taken into custody immediately when responding officers arrived at the home in the neighborhood of the 11 Mile Road and Orchard Lake area. Tucker Cipriano was arrested hours later, after the pickup truck he was driving was spotted in Keego Harbor where police said he was hiding at a friend’s house.

Both suspects have prior criminal records and Tucker Cipriano had recently been kicked out of his family’s house following several run-ins with police. Police said he may have returned to the home looking for money.

Roberto Cipriano, 52, was known to many as a leader in the local educational community. He had served as business services director for Dearborn Public Schools since 2002. A spokesman for the district said that while there may have been typical family challenges, no one could predict such a violent end.

MORE NEWS: Troubling Arsenic Levels Found At Some Detroit Demolition Sites

If convicted as charged, the two friends could spend up to life in prison without the possibility of parole.