SOUTHFIELD (WWJ) – Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how I want to recycle thee!
This season, Oakland County is making holiday cleanup easy and “green” by offering free Christmas tree recycling.READ MORE: Local Health Departments Prepare As Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine For Kids 5-11 Near Approval
The self-serve tree recycling will be available starting Dec. 26 through Jan. 20, seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., at the following parks:
- Addison Oaks Park — 1480 W Romeo Road, Leonard
- Catalpa Oaks — 27725 Greenfield Road, Southfield
- Glen Oaks Golf Course — 30500 13 Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Groveland Oaks Park — 14555 Dixie Highway, Holly
- Independence Oaks Park — 9501 Sashabaw Road, Clarkston
- Lyon Oaks Park — 52221 Pontiac Trail, Wixom
- Oakland County Market — 2350 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford
- Orion Oaks Park — 2301 W Clarkston Road, Lake Orion
- Red Oaks Golf Course — 29600 John R Road, Madison Heights
- Springfield Oaks Park — 12451 Andersonville Road, Davisburg
- White Lake Oaks Golf Course — 991 N Williams Lake Road, White Lake
.READ MORE: Doctor Accused Of Hoarding Dead Kittens In Her Freezer
Two locations, Independence Oaks and Orion Oaks, will accept trees through Feb. 3.
All decorations, plastic, tinsel and wire must be removed from the trees before recycling. Large quantities from commercial lots will not be accepted.
The trees will be processed to make compost and wood chips that will be available to the public free of charge at Orion Oaks Park on select days in 2014.MORE NEWS: Michigan Reports 7,867 New COVID-19 Cases, 142 Deaths
For more information, visit www.DestinationOakland.com.