EAST LANSING (WWJ) — The second annual Greenlight Business Model Competition announces winners of the March 26 competition. Competitors who impress the panel of judges were able to win up to $50,000 in cash prizes, as well as network with angel and venture capital investors and other entrepreneurs from around the state.
* Grand prize ($25,000): Nordhouse Medical Solutions, an MSU MBA student project that is improving cardiac recovery with the Patient Tube Organizer Harness.
* Second Prize ($10,000): Flipsi Ltd. Flipsi’s reusable bottles can be flipped inside-out for easy cleaning.
* Most Creative/Original ($2,000): TernPro. TernPro helps organizations capture and create engaging video content.
* Best Overall Pitch ($2,000): Genomenon, providing cloud-based clinical-grade genome sequencing software usable by non-experts
* Fastest Growth Potential ($1,000): Flipsi, Ltd. Flipsi’s reusable bottles can be flipped inside-out for easy cleaning.
* Most Innovative Idea ($1,000): DataShark, a robotic submarine, collecting data for civilian/military use.
* Greatest Need in the Marketplace ($1,000): LifeBlood, a medical device that preserves stored red blood cells used in transfusions.
* Undergraduate First Place ($5,000): OneBowl. Cook, strain, eat, and store your food–all in OneBowl.
* Undergraduate Second Place ($2,000): Swaddle-Mi-Bili, a wearable treatment for infant jaundice.
* Undergraduate Third Place ($1,000): Folyo, a social e-commerce platform tailored for student artists.
Greenlight was held at Hannah Community Center in East Lansing. Coordinated by Spartan Innovations, part of the MSU Innovation Center, the event aims to expand entrepreneurship and small business success in Michigan. Greenlight had a record number of attendees and 25 percent more submissions to pitch over the previous year.READ MORE: Judge Won't Immediately Put Ferris State University Professor Back In Class
“Michigan start-ups have ideas and talent that can compete on a global scale,” said Paul Jaques, director of student and community engagement at Spartan Innovations. “We’re looking forward to seeing these businesses share their innovative ideas, and to help grow small business and entrepreneurship in Michigan.”MORE NEWS: Michigan Health Department To Distribute 10 Million Free KN95 Masks
Learn more at http://www.greenlightmichigan.com.