MUSKEGON (WWJ/AP) — Human error appears to be the cause of a chlorine release Friday at a theme park in West Michigan.

A park maintenance worker entered the wrong information into a computer that controls chemicals in a wave pool at Michigan’s Adventure in Fruitland Township near Muskegon. The chlorine gas release sent over two dozen park guests to the hospital. No serious injuries were reported.

READ MORE: 'My Name Is Sara' Film On Holocaust Survivor Premieres In Metro Detroit

Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler told The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of chemicals at the park.

Twenty-seven people were being received at two area hospitals. At least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the park’s parking lot. A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.

READ MORE: Dearborn Homecoming Festival Kicks Off This Weekend

WJRW-AM reports that two hospitals went on lockdown earlier due to the risk of chlorine exposure.

Michigan’s Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state’s largest amusement and water park.

 

MORE NEWS: Huron Valley Students Will Not Be Allowed To Carry Backpacks To High School Classrooms, Officials Say

TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.