By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – FitBit, blender bottles and Apple products are among the unique and in-demand gifts this holiday season, according to tech expert Katie Linendoll.
She cited a survey by RetailMeNot which found that nearly 9 in 10 American consumers are interested in getting their hands on some sort of technology this holiday season.
“Tech interest is only on the increase,” said Linendoll. “Probably not a surprise with the bevy of smartphones, tablets and accessories that come with, out on the market.”
She added that Apple is still at the top of the wish lists for all ages with nearly 38 percent of individuals hoping to receive an Apple product under the tree. Other top brands include Google and Samsung at 30 percent and 28 percent respectfully.
Among her top gifts, and ideas, include:
- Amazon Kindle Fire for Kids for $150 which offers a number of parental controls,
- Fitbit,which is a fitness tracking device for about $50,
- Apple products are good for all ages because of their simplistic user interface,
- Shake n’ Take Blender Bottle for $19.95,
- Accessories including Bluetooth Jam headphones, which range $50-70, and are a more affordable than Beats By Dre.
Linendoll added that consumers are expecting to spend as much as $302 per gift.