WESTLAND (WWJ) – Residents at a nursing home in Westland were briefly evacuated because of smoke in the building.

The situation unfolded Tuesday morning at the Four Seasons Nursing Center on Newburgh Road near Joy Road, just east of I-275.

READ MORE: A Look Into Cost Of Prescription Drugs Following Passage Of Inflation Reduction Act

Reporting live from the scene, WWJ’s Ron Dewey said the smoke was apparently from the motor of a heating register that overheated.

READ MORE: New Federal Rules On Ghost Guns Are Set To Take Effect Next Week

Fire officials quickly responded to the scene to help clear the building. No injuries were reported.

Stay with WWJ Newsradio 950 and CBSDetroit.com for the latest.

MORE NEWS: Science of Weather: Meteotsunami