By Edward Cardenas
DETROIT (CBS Detroit) – A night of festivities at Punch Bowl Social‘s grand opening in Detroit helped The Salvation Army during the holidays.
The recent fundraiser raised $9,409.79 for The Salvation Army of Metro Detroit. The total includes ticket sales and money dropped into red kettles at Punch Bowl Social.
The grand opening party for the 24,000-square-feet restaurant, bar and entertainment destination was sold out. The two-floor facility features locally-sourced foods, craft cocktails and signature punches.
Punch Bowl Social, which calls itself an “eatertainment destination,” brought 150 new jobs into the city.
This is the fourth location for the Denver-based chain. While Punch Bowl Social may be a national chain, the Detroit location features local business including:
- Ferndale’s McClary Bros. and Valentine Distillery,
- Griffin Claw from Birmingham,
- Dearborn’s Scotty O’Hotty Hot Sauce,
- Sterling Heights’ Red Goose Spice Co.,
- McClure’s Pickles from Detroit,
- Zingerman’s Bakery from Ann Arbor.