SOUTHFIELD (WWJ) – Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree, how I want to recycle thee!
This season, counties and cities are making holiday cleanup easy and “green” by offering free Christmas tree recycling.READ MORE: Rolling Stone Magazine Named ‘Respect’ #1 Song Of All Time
While there’s no charge to drop off trees, commercial trees will not be accepted, and all plastic, tinsel and wire must be removed from trees.
The self-serve tree recycling will be available starting Dec. 26 through Jan. 20, seven days a week from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m., at the following parks:
- Addison Oaks Park — 1480 W Romeo Road, Leonard
- Catalpa Oaks — 27725 Greenfield Road, Southfield
- Glen Oaks Golf Course — 30500 13 Mile Road, Farmington Hills
- Groveland Oaks Park — 14555 Dixie Highway, Holly
- Independence Oaks Park — 9501 Sashabaw Road, Clarkston
- Lyon Oaks Park — 52221 Pontiac Trail, Wixom
- Oakland County Market — 2350 Pontiac Lake Road, Waterford
- Orion Oaks Park — 2301 W Clarkston Road, Lake Orion
- Red Oaks Golf Course — 29600 John R Road, Madison Heights
- Springfield Oaks Park — 12451 Andersonville Road, Davisburg
- White Lake Oaks Golf Course — 991 N Williams Lake Road, White Lake
*Extended recycling dates through Feb. 3, 2015 at Independence Oaks and Orion Oaks only.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Will You See Another Relief Payment Soon?
The trees will be processed to make compost and wood chips that will be available to the public free of charge at Orion Oaks Park on select days in 2015.
Christmas trees will be accepted Dec. 26 through Jan. 18 at the following locations: (Call for more info)
- Bedford Township – Carr Park, 9240 Lewis Ave, Temperance – 734-847-6791
- Berlin Charter Township Hall – 8000 Swan View Drive, Newport – 734-586-2187
- Ida Township Hall – 3016 Lewis Avenue, Ida – 734-269-3045
- Monroe Charter Township Hall – 4925 West Dunbar Road, Monroe – 734-241-5501
The city will once again allow residents to dispose of natural Christmas trees by dropping them off at the Clinton River Watershed Council on the following dates and times ONLY:MORE NEWS: Trump Endorses Election Fraud Lawyer For Michigan AG
- Saturday, December 27, 2014 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, December 28, 2014 12 noon – 4 p.m.
- Saturday, January 3, 2015 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Sunday, January 4, 2015 12 noon – 4 p.m.
The Clinton River Watershed Council is located at 1115 W. Avon Road (south side of Avon, just west of Livernois Road).