By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – AT&T is upgrading its infrastructure from downtown Detroit into Michigan’s thumb.READ MORE: Fourth Stimulus Check: Is Another Relief Payment Coming?
The tech company identified locations in the region where upgrades have been made to Internet cell sites to improve 4G LTE coverage.
“Our goal is for our customers to have an extraordinary experience, and they’ll be able to download, upload, stream and game faster than ever before on our 4G LTE network,” said Jim Murray, president, AT&T Michigan, said in a release.READ MORE: Fritz Erickson Fired As President At Northern Michigan University
Among the areas AT&T has upgraded the network by adding new layers of frequency, also known as “carriers to communities including:
- Warren, east of Dequindre Road and south of E. 11 Mile Road.
- Macomb Township, in the area along M-59, between Hayes and Dalcoma Roads.
- Hartland and Howell areas, along M-23 south of Clyde Road and along M-59, south of I-96, respectively.
- Enhanced service in Fowlerville will be noticed along between S. Bull Run and S. Gregory Road, near W Iosco Road.
- In St. Clair, there will be enhancements in an area near Bowman and S. Range Road. The area, west of Hadley Road and south of M-62, will see improved coverage in Metamora.
- Faster speeds can be found in the Hartland and Howell areas, along M-23 south of Clyde Road and along M-59, south of I-96, respectively.
- Enhancements in Fowlerville will be found along between S. Bull Run and S. Gregory Road, near W Iosco Road.
- Improved service will be found in Corunna, south of E M-21 and east of S. Reed Road; Durand, north of Goodall Road and east of S. Durand Road; and in Bancroft, the faster speeds will occur around south of E. Grand River and along S. State Road.
- AT&T previously announced that it will enhancing service in Romulus and in the Campus Martius area in Detroit.
AT&T will also build a new site in Grosse Pointe Woods east of Marter, and north of Roslyn roads, that will add mobile Internet to the area.MORE NEWS: Michigan Reports 6,080 New COVID-19 Cases, 82 Deaths
These are the latest enhancements to AT&T’s 4G LTE network, which launched in Detroit in September 2012.