By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – Last minute romantics can look to their smart phones to make plans for Valentine’s Day.
There are apps in Apple’s App Store and Google Play for dinner and hotel reservations, flower delivery and paperless cards.
Among the apps techies can choose from include:
- OpenTable which helps users find restaurants by cuisine or location, and then make a reservation at a certain time and date.
- ProFlowers allows shoppers to select and schedule delivery of flower arrangements.
- HotelTonight provides discounted rates on last-minute reservations at hotels across the country.
- Paperless Post offers romantics to design and send personalized, virtual Valentine’s Day cards.
- Those looking for a date can try to find a match through the dating app OkCupid Dating which uses “math” to calculate matches.
- For those more adventurous, and want to head out solo with hopes of finding someone at a bar or restaurant, there is Tinder. The app allows users to find other users in the area, and with a swipe on the app, to connect.
- Couples who look to stay in, and maybe grow their family, can use the Pandora app and select the Huggies Baby Making Station to help want-to-be parents get in the mood with music from artists such as Barry White.