By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – Apple’s new streaming music service goes live Tuesday with features including a live radio station, access to the iTunes library and social networking function, Connect.READ MORE: MSU Police: Tip From Private Investigator Led To Discovery Of Body Believed To Be Brendan Santo
Apple Music, which was announced earlier this month at the Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, takes on popular streaming apps such as Spotify and Pandora by utilizing the company’s extensive iTunes catalog, Siri and other features.
“We love music, and the new Apple Music service puts an incredible experience at every fan’s fingertips,” said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services, in a release. “All the ways people love enjoying music come together in one app — a revolutionary streaming service, live worldwide radio and an exciting way for fans to connect with artists.”
The new service will launch at 11 a.m. EST Tuesday, according to The Nextweb, and will require users to upgrade to iOS 8.4 to access the new service. Apple global music channel, Beats 1, will launch an hour later.READ MORE: Consumer Alert: How To Avoid Fake N95, KN95 Masks
Apple Music will be available Tuesday on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and PC starting June 30. It will be come to Apple TV and Android phones this fall.
About Apple Music:
- Stream any of Apple’s iTunes songs, album or playlist from the company’s 30 million song catalog,
- Users will be able to download songs for off-line line listening as part of the service,
- The company hired music experts from around the world to create curated playlists for users,
- With Siri, users can ask Apple Music to play requests such a number one song from a certain month and year or top music from a year,
- Apple Music Radio, a live world-wide music station broadcast from Los Angeles, New York and London,
- Apple Music Radio has also redesigned radio with channels ranging from indie rock to classical and folk to funk, with music curated by humans and not an algorithm – which other services uses to create playlists,
- Apple Music Connect, a social media platform that allows artists to share lyrics, backstage photos, videos and even release their latest song directly to fans directly on the service.
Following the launch of the Apple Music Radio, celebrated DJ Zane Lowe will air an interview with Michigan native Eminem.MORE NEWS: Flint Public Schools Staying Virtual Indefinitely Due To Large Amount Of Positive COVID-19 Cases
An air time for the interview has not been released.