MORENCI, Mich. (WWJ/AP) – The mother of three young boys who went missing over the Thanksgiving holiday in 2010 near the Michigan-Ohio border hopes the five-year anniversary of their disappearance will bring answers.

A candlelight ceremony for Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton will be held Nov. 26 in Morenci, Michigan, at a park where the boys used to play. They would be 14, 12 and 10, respectively, as of next week.

The boys were in the care of their father when they went missing — the day after Thanksgiving in 2010.

Their mother, Tanya Zuvers, told the Detroit Free Press that she hopes the boys’ father, John Skelton, will “be overcome with the sudden urge to start talking” about their disappearance.

“The past five years I have been to hell and am on my way back, but won’t be completely there until I have answers,” she said.

John Skelton (credit: MDOC Booking Photo, 2015)

John Skelton (credit: MDOC Booking Photo, 2015)

Skelton, 43, is serving a 10- to 15-year sentence at the Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility in Ionia after pleading no contest in 2012 to three counts of unlawful imprisonment in connection with the boys’ disappearance. He has previously claimed that he didn’t harm his sons but instead turned them over to an underground safety organization.

Anyone with information about this case is urged to contact Michigan State Police at  855-642-4847 or report it HERE.

TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Comments