WARREN (WWJ) – A hotel in Warren has been evacuated due to an apparent carbon monoxide leak that sent two people to a local hospital.

Mayor Jim Fouts says a hotel employee at Hawthorn Suites on Van Dyke Ave. knocked on the door of one of the rooms, Monday afternoon.  When no one answered, the employee went inside and found a 60-year-old couple and dog unconscious.

It was determined that the three had suffered from high levels of carbon monoxide poisoning and were in need of oxygen.

The two human victims were rushed to Detroit Receiving Hospital for treatment but were expected to be OK.

Police and fire officials are investigating the cause of the leak. No one else will be allowed inside the building until the investigation is complete.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s