LOS ANGELES (AP) – Oscar-winning producer Harvey Weinstein is taking a leave of absence from his own company after The New York Times released a report alleging decades of sexual harassment against women, including employees and actress Ashley Judd.
Thursday’s article includes several first-person accounts of Weinstein’s alleged conduct. The Times reports two company officials say at least eight women have received settlements, including actress Rose McGowan.
The report also includes Judd’s account an incident from two decades ago in which she was asked to meet Weinstein in his hotel room.
In a statement, Weinstein acknowledged he behaved inappropriately with colleagues but did not address any specific allegations in the Times piece.
Weinstein’s attorney Charles Harder said in a statement that the Times story included false and defamatory accounts, but did not provide specifics.
Weinstein says The New York Times report detailing decades of sexual harassment allegations against him was “reckless reporting.”
In an interview with the New York Post Thursday afternoon following the publication of the bombshell expose, Weinstein accused the Times of holding a vendetta against him, citing another recent negative story the paper wrote about him.
A spokesperson for the Times said earlier that they are confident in the accuracy of their reporting and that they gave Weinstein the chance to respond to allegations prior to publication. The paper also published Weinstein’s full response.
The Times did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Weinstein’s accusation of a vendetta against him.
(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)